Being an eBay seller can be fun and profitable. Statistics show the number of active registered eBay users reached 152.3 million in the third quarter of 2014, up from 140 million at the end of 2013. If you market your products effectively and maintain a good reputation, you should have no trouble selling your products. Today, many people sell products on eBay as their main or secondary source of income. Plus, being an eBay seller means you get to work from the comfort of your own home.
Whether you’re an experienced seller or new to eBay, follow these tips to maximize your success as a seller:
- Cleary define your shipping and return policies – How many times have you purchased a product online and had it arrive late? Or, when the product arrived, did you discover you didn’t like it but were unable to return it? Nothing causes more frustration for buyers than these two scenarios. To prevent any miscommunication and damage to your reputation as a seller, make sure you clearly state your shipping and return policies. If all sales are final or a product must be returned within a specific time frame, clearly state so in your return policy.
- Provide high quality pictures – When selling products on eBay, it’s important that you provide high quality photos. Top quality pictures give buyers an accurate depiction of the product they are purchasing. It can also help you make your products stand out from other listings and ultimately increase your sales. To ensure your photos are top quality, follow these photo recommendations from eBay.
- Offer multiple pictures – In addition to using high quality photos, you should provide multiple pictures of your products. Show off your product from every angle so buyers know exactly what they are purchasing. By seeing the product from every angle, buyers won’t experience any unexpected surprises when they receive the item.
- Utilize HTML designs – If possible, you should use HTML designs to represent a professional store. This will increase your credibility in the eyes of buyers and help you maximize your sales.
- Use a trusted shipping service – As previously stated, nothing frustrates buyers more than not receiving a package on time and in pristine condition. To have happy customers, use a reliable shipping service you can trust. Shipping companies like Smart Send couriers provide specialised services for eBay sellers. These services include automated bookings, competitively priced and same day shipping services, shipping quotes and tracking services with Proof of Delivery. Smart Send have even developed a eBay Integration to make sellers lives easier: https://www.smartsend.com.au/ebayBenefits.cfm.
To learn more, visit eBay’s seller rules.
Whether you are an eBay seller or the owner of an ecommerce store, understanding shipping costs is critical to your success. Before you can sell products online, you need to decide how you will get your products into the hands of your customers and what rates you will charge. Your rates should be balanced between you and your buyers, so you will not incur extra costs and your customers won’t abandon their carts due to high shipping fees.
To provide the best shipping service for you and your customers, you should consider using a courier service. For example, Smart Send Couriers constantly reviews their competitors to ensure your shipping costs are competitively priced. Courier services like Smart Send deliver convenient door-to-door shipping services and competitively priced, same day shipping. Choosing a reliable shipping company and setting the right rates can help you cut down on your shipping costs.
In order to set the right rates, you need to understand the aspects that affect shipping costs:
- Weight & Dimensions – The weight and dimensions of the product being sent will affect the shipping cost. Heavy and large products will cost more to ship.
- Packaging – How you package the product will also affect the rate. Larger, misshapen packages will cost more to ship than smaller, more compact ones. Some people may try to save money on shipping by trying to fix large products into smaller boxes. While this may cut down on the cost in the short term, it could negatively impact you in the long run when customers receive damaged items. Always choose adequate packaging over minimal packaging to avoid damage to the product. Damages lead to the loss of products and customer satisfaction, which will hurt your reputation and business. If a customer receives a damaged product, they may be likely to write an unfavorable review and will no longer purchase your products.
- Returns – Many ecommerce stores and individual sellers will offer free shipping on returns. This is a decision that is up to you but know that returns are bound to happen from time to time; in order to avoid incurring added costs, your returns should be factored into your business model.
- Handling Surcharges – In addition to charging customers for shipping, many businesses also charge a handling fee. Handling fees are charged to cover the fees required to pack and dispatch the product. The handling surcharge can include packaging materials, such as boxes and bubble wrap. If you are going to charge for handling, then charge a modest fee. The fee incurred by the buyer should only include what it cost to package and dispatch the product.
- EBay Fees on Shipping Charges – EBay charges final value fees on shipping charges, which are calculated using the courier service the buyer chooses.
- Express & Same Day Shipping – Customers who request express or same day shipping will pay a higher shipping rate compared to economy or road services. Be sure you understand the total costs for ‘express’ services to ensure you don’t get a nasty bill from the courier company.
Smart Send has evolved because of a need to provide competitive prices to low volume freight/courier users, along with a simple and convenient method for delivery of their goods using a “door to door” service. There is no need to register or have an account and we do not require Casual or low volume users to spend a minimum monthly amount to use our services. Our aim is to help: Private individuals, E-bay Members, Startup, small or medium sized businesses. We also realise more and more Australians are becoming self-employed or working from home (and this trend is set to continue into the future); Smart Send looks to fill this niche in the marketplace.
Want to know the most effective ways on how to package your shipments properly? You can help to ensure that your package arrives safely and on time with these packaging guidelines and procedures. Below we have narrowed down ten helpful tips to ensure your possessions and packages arrive to their destinations safely and soundly:
1—Use a rigid box with flaps intact
2—Remove any labels, hazardous materials indicators, and other previous shipment markings on the box that are no longer applicable
3—Wrap all items separately
4—Use adequate cushioning material
5—Use strong tape designed for shipping
6—Do not use string or paper over-wrap
7—Use a single address label that has clear, complete delivery and return information
8—Place a duplicate address label inside the package
Smart Send can provide a ‘Tail-Lift Truck’ service to aide customers in the loading/unloading of heavy or awkward/bulky items, if a forklift or assistance is not available to the driver at the Pickup and/or Delivery address. Whether you’re looking for general guidelines for packing day-to-day shipments or specific guidelines for shipping specialty items, especially around the holidays, you’ll find it all here with Smart Send for all your packaging needs.
If you own a small business, buy and sell products on Ebay, or just want a reliable courier service to send all your holiday gifts this season, than Smart Send’s online courier service is the way to go. With a dedication to help private individuals, small to medium sized businesses and Ebay members, Smart Send provides competitive prices to low volume freight/courier users, along with a simple and convenient method for delivery of goods using “door to door” services. There is no need to register or have an account and we do not require Casual or low volume customers to spend a minimum monthly amount to use our services.
With the holidays rapidly approaching, there will be no greater method to get all your beloved packages to their intended destinations than through Smart Send courier services. For small to medium sized businesses, it’s important to consider a fast, reliable and cost efficient service that is responsible for all your packaging and deliveries. Our Smart Send Courier Reviews offer insight on how to elevate the efficiency of any small to medium sized business. Lead your business to success this holiday shopping season with these 3 tips on how to choose the right courier service for your delivery service needs.
- Prices: It is of course necessary when selecting a courier service that’s right for you to consider the costs of shipping. What is the pricing range of priority shipping, express shipping and road services? Assess how much shipping costs in conjunction with prices per kilograms/size, when packages arrive, and compare the costs to the efficiency of shipping.
- Reliability: Obviously, costs and reliability go hand in hand. Sure it may seem tempting to utilise the cheapest delivery services for your business, but there may be a reason why the cheapest option is, well, the cheapest. It’s important that your courier service is consistent and reliable with when packages can be expected to arrive. Are delivery dates guaranteed? Is the delivery tracking accurate? Reliable courier services are more important to the success of a business than how much money you may be saving.
- Customer Service: Last but not least, the customer service aspect of your courier service is crucial. Not only do you want to ensure that your deliveries are on time and cost efficient, but it will save your business a lot of stress and aggravation if you’re being professionally cared for by a respected, knowledgeable and empathetic customer service agent. Make sure the courier service of your choosing is available, responsible, and treats your business in an acceptable manner.
Remember, not all courier services are alike. There are features to others than aren’t present in some; it’s important to do the necessary research, ask all the right questions, and never settle for anything less than extraordinary! If professional, reliable and affordable care is what your business is looking for, than consider Smart Send courier services to boost the success of your business this holiday season.